Monday, November 29, 2010

Writing In Misery

Obviously I have been severely neglecting my blog for some time, but that is only because I find it hard to type or even think while I am coughing my lungs out and spraying snot at the computer. Yes, I have a cold. But not just any cold. This is the Mother of All Colds. This is the cold that gave birth to every flimsy baby cold out there. I have literally barely been able to function for the past week. The only thing that gives me any solace is when the time comes that I can take more medicine. That is what I live for at the moment. Oh sweet drugs, take me away!

I finally relented and called into work and went to the doctor today. For those of you who know me, it is a REALLY BIG DEAL when I call into work. I never call into work. Even last Friday, which happened to be the biggest shopping day of the year, I worked 10 full hours. How I survived, I will never know. The doctor prescribed antibiotics and a cough medicine that as I speak is blowing my mind. WHOA MAN! Hopefully this blog will make sense when I go back and read it later.

As I sat at Wal-mart today and waited for my prescription to be filled, I watched all the young mothers shopping with their children, and I longed to be them. I wanted to be them not because there was anything particularly amazing about them, but because their hair was done, they didn't have snot dripping from their noses, and they weren't coughing their brains out every two seconds. So here is hoping for an end to this misery and a return to a normal, unspectacular life.

No comments:

Post a Comment