Friday, November 5, 2010

Self Analysis

I have often heard people describe themselves as left-brained or right-brained. In my case, I have always thought of myself as a mix of both. My suspicions were confirmed when I took this quiz and got this result -













Right Brain/ Left Brain Quiz
The higher of these two numbers below indicates which side of your brain has dominance in your life. Realising your right brain/left brain tendancy will help you interact with and to understand others.
Left Brain Dominance: 16(16)
Right Brain Dominance: 16(16)
Right Brain/ Left Brain Quiz



The same on both sides! Can you believe it?! I know this quiz is probably not entirely scientifically accurate, but it does give some insight.

On the left side I can be very logical and rational. On the right side, I also love art and being creative. If I were totally honest with myself, I would probably say I am slightly more left-brained, just because I like organization so much. But I don't want to be honest with myself at the moment. I want to think I have the best of both worlds!

I also took another quiz, recently, that calculated my Autism Spectrum Quotient. That means it calculated my tendency toward Autism such as Asperger Syndrome. Well I scored 30 which is very high considering the average score for women is 15. Most people with Asperger Syndrome score 35 or higher. So yeah.....I am right up there. The results really didn't surprise me. I have long suspected that I am border-line autistic. It comes off as shyness, but it's nice to know that it may be an actual medical condition rather than something I can just "get over". Not that it makes much of a difference to me what my diagnosis may be. I am what I am, and I don't think there is any diagnosis or therapy or prescription that can change that. Besides, I am pretty happy with the way I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment