Thursday, November 11, 2010

Registration Nightmare

Can I just take a moment to talk about how much I hate registering my car? Every year I just dread doing it almost as much as I dread ever going to the doctor. I think the reason I dread both of these things is because it is almost never good news. When I get my safety and emissions inspection done, I am always waiting with baited breath for the bad news.

You need new windshield wipers.
You have a leaky hose.
Your tires need to be replaced.
You might as well just scrap the whole car.

I know it is important to keep your car in good working condition, and the same goes for your body. But much of the time I want to live in ignorant bliss, because, really, I almost never have the money to fix these problems. Who has thousands of dollars laying around for just such an occasion? Not me, and if you answered 'yes' to that question, please be so kind as to send some of that money my way.

Even after you get your car all fixed up to pass inspection, you still have to pay to get it registered. As if it doesn't already cost enough to own and maintain a car, you have to pay for......what? What are you paying for when you register? The privilege to say you own a car? I thought that's what my loan payment was for. If you ask me, registration should be FREE or at least very low cost. Like $10 low. Maybe if someone explained to me where the money was going I would be less angry about paying for nothing. But for now......ROBIN ANGRY!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment