Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pardon My Dust

In the past four years since I have lived with Mike and Bear I have seen more dust than I have seen in my entire life. I'm guessing most of it comes from Bear since she can shed insane amounts of hair, she probably also sheds skin cells, which, if you didn't know, makes up most of all dust. (Sorry if I ruined your illusion that dust comes from fairies.) Then again, the amount of dust in our house is so great, I don't know if any one living being is capable of producing that much dust. Just the other day I cleaned out the bathroom ceiling fan which was COMPLETELY CLOGGED WITH DUST. I had no idea that was even possible! It's FAN! It's supposed to blow dust away! What kind of sick, superhuman dust is this?

To keep up with all the dust and shedding, I try to vacuum at least once a week. I am one of those weird people who actually don't mind vacuuming. It sucks away the dirt to an undisclosed location, and then I can rest at ease. However, I have several problems with my current vacuuming situation. First of all, the power switch to my vacuum broke long ago, and since I couldn't afford a new one I brought it to my dad who "fixed" it by placing the power switch in the "on" position permanently. This means that my vacuum turns on as soon as I plug it in and stays on until I unplug it. That wouldn't be too much of a problem, except for my second issue. Whoever designed the placement of the electrical outlets in my duplex obviously was three-years-old. All of the outlets are in very inconvenient locations and half of them don't work or have to be turned on by means of a switch on the other side of the room. Thus, vacuuming becomes a full-fledged work out as I scale furniture and run from room to room to plug/unplug the vacuum. Finally, my vacuum has a feature where it filters the air in the room as you vacuum, which is wonderful! That is, unless the thing you are vacuuming the most is dog hair. Then the vacuum spreads the lovely "Odor 'O Dog" throughout your house. Oh well. I suppose I will be vacuuming dog hair as long as I love Bear, and that is forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment