Friday, August 27, 2010

Maybe Just A Little

I know I have been majorly slacking on my blogging. I guess it comes from a combination of working at 4am, Mike smashing his foot and becoming incapacitated, and preparing to go camping.

Let's start with the 4am thing. I don't mind working at 4am. I like getting things done before all those bothersome customers start showing up. The problem is, contrary to some people's beliefs, there is more to life than work. If I only had to worry about work, 4am would be no problem. But this silly little thing called "life" gets in the way all the time. I have to go grocery shopping, or put gas in the car, or take Bear for a walk, or a million other little things. Then there are also the unexpected things like Mike injuring his foot. Now I can't bring him anywhere because he has a hard time walking and because the motorized chairs at Target don't go more than 3 feet before they run out of batteries. Also, it takes extra money to go to the doctor, just for her to tell you there isn't much she can do aside from prescribing Lortab which, when he takes it, subsequently makes your husband think he can perform in Riverdance because his foot doesn't hurt anymore.

The one thing that has kept me going through all this is that we are going camping today. It is a miracle I even got Mike to go since he doesn't like camping and we have never been camping together aside from that time we went to the cabin in Colorado. This time we will be staying a tent......we will see how that goes......
Now he is all excited about it, but we will see what happens after two days in the woods without electronics and......with BEARS.

Mike has me to do all of the actual planning. Here is the stuff I have gathered so far -



Mike thinks it is a lot of stuff, but if left to his devices, we would be eating uncooked hot dogs and using leaves as toilet paper. NO THANK YOU. I guess being the planner is the the price I pay for getting Mike to go camping. He thinks I do it because a like it. Well.....maybe just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment