Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Unintended Lecture

Times are hard, and by that I mean, I'm tired. But I will try to write something just for you...if I can just...summon...the...strength!

I'm sure everyone reading this has noticed how stores come out with holiday merchandise earlier and earlier every year. In addition, I have noticed a larger variety of merchandise every year. You can't just have fireworks for the 4th of July anymore. You have to have a shirt with a flag on it, a hat with a flag on it, an apron with a flag on it. EVERYTHING WITH A FREAKING FLAG ON IT. It speaks more and more to our wastefulness and materialism. When will we ever say enough is enough? When we have covered everything in sight in red, white, and blue? When we have finally exhausted all our resources and are fighting to survive on a barren planet? My goodness people! Have some self control! Have some limits! Don't be so greedy! Maybe, just maybe, enjoy the moment more often and forget all the 'things'.

There is your blog. Sorry it turned out as a lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment