Saturday, June 5, 2010

No Dice

I'm not sure why I am writing to you this early in the morning. For some ungodly reason my body decided to be wide awake at 6AM this morning even though I don't have to work at all today. I laid in bed for a good half hour trying to go back to sleep, but no dice. When I was a kid I seemed to always have energy, but maybe that was just because I always went to bed on time. As an adult I developed this thing called - "I can sleep at a drop of a hat." But not today. Oh no. I must wake up at 6AM and then probably feel like taking a nap later in the day. I suppose being an adult is more tiring than being a child. Their is always so much to do and think about as an adult. When I was a kid I really never did anything I didn't want to except homework, and even that was usually enjoyable because I was an odd child. I don't know if I do more now, or my body is just getting old and tired, or both. But I do know I would be overjoyed if some magic pill was invented that gave you unlimited energy. I am not ignoring the fact that there are energy drinks and coffee. I am just ignoring the idea that they do any good whatsoever. For one thing, energy drinks taste about as good as vomit. Coffee is not so bad, but it starts a world war in my stomach every time I drink it. None of this really matters because caffeine just makes you into a jittery zombie who thinks of nothing but more "CAFFEIEEEEEEEENE!" Also, the heart of a caffeine zombie does not stop but beats so fast that is is likely to stop at any second. Then, no more zombie, only what you wanted all along - endless sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment