Thursday, June 3, 2010

Like Kids In A Candy Shop

Mike has wanted a bike for almost as long as I can remember. Whenever we talked about exercising he would say, "If I only had a bike I would ride it all the time." Well yesterday his dream came true. Not that it was easy. I think we visited four or five different sporting goods stores until he finally decided on a bike......online. It was delivered yesterday and of course he spent a good portion of the day putting it together instead of getting rock chip repair on his windshield like he was supposed to. Let's just hope there is not a new windshield in our near future.

As soon as I got home from work Mike wanted to go riding and I had to remind him of certain necessities such as EATING before we could go for a ride. After dinner, we set out on our "short" bike ride just to test the new bike. We didn't anticipate, however, how much we would love riding bikes. We were like two little kids with goofy grins on our faces speeding all over the place. Before we knew it, our "short" ride had turned into a very long ride. We came home exhausted but giddy. The whole experience was very satisfying......until today. Let's just say my butt is very happy to be in a soft cushy chair right now. There probably won't be any more riding for me for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment