Saturday, June 26, 2010

Not That Brave

We are finally getting into the hotter time of the summer and I HATE IT! Don't get me wrong. I love the classic summer activities such as swimming, camping,fishing, and hiking. But I am still morning the small window of time in which you could ride your bike during the day time without passing out from heat stroke and getting a seriously wicked sunburn. In fact, that happens with about any outdoor activity now. Even walking out to the car is a chore. The whole ten steps to the car I am thinking, "Are we there yet?!" So I spend most of my time holed up in our tiny living quarters trying to decide how much I can run the swamp cooler without going bankrupt. The answer - 20 seconds per day. *tear*

The only way to do anything outside now is to a) get up and out in the early morning, b) go out under the cover of darkness, c) brave the new world. Since I work almost every morning, option A. is out even on days when I don't work because on those days I just want to stay in bed and forget about the coming heat. Option C. doesn't really work because I don't own any night vision glasses and I don't wish to stumble around in the darkness. That leaves option B. and I'm not to brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment