Friday, June 18, 2010

Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Ant Man

Today we had a lovely visit from some pest control people since ants have been slowly engulfing our kitchen for the last week. Bear is the only one who didn't seem to mind the ants. When they got into her food bowl she just looked at us like, "Why haven't you added these to my food before? They are tasty and fun to catch!" However, yesterday she threw up two huge piles of what looked like more dog food than she could eat in a month. One inside and one outside....for good measure. So maybe the ants weren't such a good diet choice.

The pest control guy was all business, if by business you mean, "Yeah this pesticide messes with them and then they're gonna die!" Ok, so maybe those weren't his exact words, but he did seem really excited to be killing ants. I guess some boys never grow out of that. He also pointed out a leak in our water heater while he was crawling around under our house with all the ants. Just your friendly neighborhood ant man. Ha ha! But seriously, I'm sure glad I am only renting this place. Do I really want to own a home someday?

For me, pest control is a double-edged sword. While I have a diversion to most things that are creepy and or crawly, I also like to stay away from the chemicals. But the pest control guy assured us as he was waving a chemical spray in every direction that it was perfectly safe once it dried in about 30 minutes. If our entire family dies of an unexplained sickness in the next few days, please make sure justice is served.

No comments:

Post a Comment