Monday, January 10, 2011

Trying Mightily

Recent events have once again made me keenly aware of the unjustness of the world. This has led to a sleepless night and this current early-morning post. I can only hope and pray that I can get through this without coming apart at the seams. But until I can resolve the issue, I will try mightily to put on a happy face and distract myself with this blog.

Look what I made!



Isn't it so cute and lumpy? What's that? You can't tell what it is? Well of course it's a......well you could call it......it's kind of like......it's a bean-filled heat pack! Just pop in the microwave for a couple of minutes and you have a very cozy warmer. I have another one of these that was a gift, and Mike became good friends with it when he was having all that pain from his tooth infection. So I decided to make another one, because you can really never have too many of those things. The problem is, I don't know what is inside the one that was given to me. You can put many things inside, including beans, rice, or dried corn. I now think the first heat pack has dried corn in it. But, I wrongly assumed beans at the time of the construction of my own heat pack. I know beans is wrong because my heat pack smells TERRIBLE when I microwave it. It's not something you want to put anywhere near your body. So now I must rip it apart and fill it with rice. Why rice? I don't know where to get dried corn, and I'm pretty sure rice smells better than beans. We will see......

No comments:

Post a Comment