Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fan For Life

Mike and I went to eat at a local coffee shop yesterday, and it got me to thinking about how much I like coffee shops. Not only do many coffee shops have really good, homemade food, but they usually seem to be a gathering spot for people who are just a little different. I like that. I like that coffee shops are homey and artsy. I like that many of them focus on living organically and naturally. You can almost always spot interesting people in a coffee shop, and coffee shop people also seem to be more friendly than the average person.

You would think since I am a art lover and a fan of living naturally, that I would have always been around coffee shops as a youth. But, being raised Mormon, I wasn't allowed to drink coffee. So I never set foot in a coffee shop until I was in my late teens or early twenties. Even then it took me a while to warm up because of all those years associating coffee with being "bad". These days I still don't love coffee unless you count those drinks that are more milk and sugar than coffee. But I am definitely a fan of the coffee shop for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment