Monday, September 19, 2011

Presidental

If you know me you know I am not very into politics. In fact, I think politics suck. The only way to have harmony in the government is to be fair and upstanding, and to always compromise. But no politicians these days seem to be able to do that, so we end up with a lot of bickering, and nothing being accomplished.

Despite my dislike for all things politics, once in a great while, there comes along a politician who I don't mind too much. A politician who is imperfect like the rest of us, but who nevertheless seems to want to do the right thing and help as many people as possible. I think President Obama is one of those kind of politicians. So it bothers me when people criticize him for not fixing every single problem with our country and government. First of all, I don't think any mortal being is capable of fixing EVERY problem with our country, let alone a single one. Presidents can try their best to make our situation better, but it is very difficult if not impossible to solve most political problems. Why? Because people are not willing to compromise.

Secondly, major problems do not get fixed overnight or even in a few years. People seem to expect the president to fix things in a short time, and if he doesn't they start to dislike him. That is so stupid to me. That is like losing faith in your dad when he can't do everything Superman can do. The expectations are way too high considering what is possible.

All I ask when it comes to politics is honesty, fairness, and compromise. Obama seems to have those qualities. I am satisfied. To all those people who voted for Obama and now bash him I would say, "Why do you still believe in Superman?"

No comments:

Post a Comment