Friday, September 23, 2011

Bountiful Baskets

How do you like the new look of my blog? I know it's really not that different, but it seemed to take forever to accomplish. Maybe it's just me and my computer-illiterate ways, but changing the look of my blog seems to be incredibly difficult. I spend long spans of time staring at the blog interface screen trying to find the right place to click. Even now I have no idea how to center the picture at the top of my blog, even though I have probably spent hours trying to accomplish that one simple task. Sometime you just have to let it go........ By the way, do you like the new picture? I like it a lot, and I think it says, "Welcome to my blog!" As much as I love the old picture of Mike and I, I get bored of the same thing all the time. If I was a master at designing blogs, I would probably be changing the look of my blog at least every week. But since I am not, I focus mostly on the writing part for my own sanity.

Last Saturday Mike and I got our second ever Bountiful Basket, and I have to say it is almost like Christmas every time I get one of these. I said ALMOST. If you are not familiar with Bountiful Baskets, take a look at their web site. They are a non-profit co-op that distributes baskets of fruits and vegetables at a low cost. The only catch is they ask you to volunteer once in a while, and you have to get up incredibly early on a Saturday to pick up your basket. The baskets are supposed to contain about 1/2 fruit and 1/2 vegetables, but so far ours seem to have more fruits than veggies. What do you think?


That's fine with me since I LOVE fruit. Mike, on the other hand, may be slightly disappointed. There is also an option to get an organic basket for $10 more. I would love to get one of those, but $10 is a little pricey for my meager budget. Still, I have been very pleased with the produce thus far. It's a little much for just Mike and I to eat all by ourselves, but attempts to find other produce-lovers to share with have failed.

Speaking of food, I had this awesome fruit pastry at the Clearfield Grounds for Coffee last weekend.


Oh, it was soooooooooooooooooooo good! Now if you will excuse me, I need to go eat something because all this food talk is making me hungry.



No comments:

Post a Comment