Friday, September 16, 2011

Magpie

Last weekend Mike and I went camping with some friends. I wanted to go because I hadn't been camping all summer and I crave the outdoors like a fat person craves food. Mike wanted to go because I made him.

It was only a one night event and not too far from home, so Mike actually didn't mind it, and I loved it. Two nights would have been even better but work doesn't let us off our leashes for too long. Anyway, here are a few pictures from out campsite which was right by the river and so beautiful.




Our friends, Bryce and Robin, brought this hammock which Mike and I fell in love with. It's super relaxing and comfy. It's from Brazil so we may just have to make it a priority to travel to Brazil to get one.



These next pictures are of Bear playing in the river with Robin. She would kick at the water and Bear would dig in the riverbed to find out where the splashing was coming from. A good time was had by all.




There was a sort of slanted tree in our camp which both of the Robins climbed. Even Bear went into mountain-goat-mode and scrambled up the tree. I know I look like a total wimp, but that tree was harder to climb than it looks.




Finally, here are a few random pictures. Thanks again to Bryce and Robin for going with us and especially to Robin for cooking an amazing campfire breakfast! My mouth still waters every time I think of it.




On a side note, I am very impressed with the new version of blogger. They have made it about a million times easier to add photos. No more cutting and pasting all that HTML text. I might add more photos now just because I don't have to struggle through it for hours. Kudos to whoever makes this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment