Wednesday, August 31, 2011

At Home Among The Spiders

I have to say I am happy to be home in Utah. Even though I like traveling and seeing places, the saying 'there's no place like home' is one that is always true to me. I like being in a routine. I like knowing the roads and the gas stations. I like being around familiar things. In Ohio, everywhere I went I saw things I wasn't used to - different restaurants, strange street names, no mountains, different plants. It's interesting, but it can also get overwhelming after a while. At home you can relax because you don't have to take in so much new information all the time.

There is one thing I haven't liked about being home - spiders. Ever since Mike and I saw a show about a house that was infested with spiders, we have been really sensitive to their presence in our own house. I wouldn't go so far as to say we have an infestation. But I will say spiders are prevalent in our home. Especially in the garage. *shiver* I don't even want to think about the garage. You see, the thing I hate about spiders is that they invade my personal space and property. If spiders only lived in deep dark woods, we wouldn't have a problem. Spiders stay in the woods, I stay out of the woods. Problem solved. But NO, spiders have to get all up in my space. I dread opening a tote or a tent that I have stored in the garage and finding it filled with spiders. If that happens you have pretty much lost your belongings, because you can't get rid of the spiders without spraying them or torching them, and that would obviously ruin your belongings.

Spiders also like to live in dark places, which is a problem because they are basically hiding and waiting to pop out at you at the most terrifying moment. Living with spiders is like living with a ghost. You are constantly scared and there isn't much you can do about it. Except spiders have the added bonus of being able to kill you. YAY!

If there was a way to get rid of every single spider within a mile radius, without chemicals, and never have them return, I would totally do it. Even if it cost a huge amount of money. I'm not a rich person, but I would totally save for that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment