Friday, August 12, 2011

Free To Do What I Want

Have you ever noticed how much freer people are when they are young? They are not yet tied down by responsibilities, kids, and things. They can move far away or do something new and crazy on a whim.

Once people get older they usually get more and more stuck in a routine and burdened by overwhelming responsibilities. But it doesn't have to end up like that! Some responsibilities are unavoidable, but others are a choice. Do you wish you weren't burdened by a mortgage and a big house to maintain? Rent or buy a smaller house! Do you feel like you can't move because you have too much stuff to bring with you? Don't buy so much stuff! Do you feel like you can't go back to school or try surfing because you are too old? Who cares?! You don't have to put restrictions on yourself.

I love the idea of living freely. I never want to have so many possessions that they feel like a burden. I never want to have so many responsibilities that there is no fun left in life. I never want to feel like I am too old to try something new. I keep all that in mind when I make decisions about taking on more responsibilities. By not taking on too much, I can choose to be light and free my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment