Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ohio Or Bust

Long time no blog. But maybe you can forgive me because I have been on vacation. If that's not a good enough excuse for you, I will have you know I was SICK the entire time. That's right. The fates wouldn't even allow me to enjoy my vacation. Grrrrrrr At least I can say I have been to Ohio now. Mike and I went there to visit family and to just relax. Six days later, much visiting was had, but not much relaxing. I remembered how uncomfortable airplane seats are. Even though I am in awe every time at the human race's ability to fly, I would not enjoy flying often.

Ohio was as green and humid as I expected, but had fewer people than I expected. That might be because we stayed out of the cities for the most part. I feel like if I lived in Ohio I would always feel lost in the forest and trying to get out no matter where I was. It's green alright, but all that green kind of gets in the way and makes you feel cut off from the rest of the world. Is it just me?

Here are a few pictures from our trip. Not much to say about them except you probably won't be interested because they are people you don't know in front of a constant green background.

The second night we were there we had a campfire which would have been really pleasant if I hadn't been sick -





This is Mike and his son Daylen at the Columbus Zoo. We didn't get to spend as much time there as we would have liked because the roads in Ohio are like some sort of cryptic language that no one understands unless they have lived there their whole lives. There was also a water park at the zoo, which was fun. However, I just can't get used to the idea of a water park at the zoo. It seems weird to me.



Here's a few pictures of family. It really was fun to see Mike's family, most of whom I had never met before. I heard plenty of stories about the past that helped me get to know my husband a little better.




So that's what I've been doing for the last little while. It may not have been the most exciting vacation in the world, but anytime I get to travel I feel thankful because it always broadens my understanding of the the world and the people in it. If you stay in one place all your life, you tend to forget about all the people and places in the world and how different their view of life is. When you travel, you see for yourself just how much there is that you don't know about, and maybe it will open your mind to more possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment