Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Time To Spare

Seriously, everyday I think about about writing a post. But then, somehow, there is not enough time or nothing to write about or I'm just plain lazy. I only work part-time, but some days I work close to 10 hours, and on those days I wonder how anyone ever has the energy to have kids, work full-time, and go to school. Because on those days it is all I can muster to drag myself home and flop on the closest soft surface. I know quite a few people who do the work and school and kids thing, and every time I hear about it I am just in awe. What kind of magic pill are these people taking that allows them to have the energy to do so much? Maybe I have unusually low energy or motivation, but I'm pretty sure if I tried to do all that I would be crying in a fetal position within 5 minutes. If you haven't noticed, I'm the kind of person who likes to take things slow and simple. I don't like to over-extend myself because I feel life is too short to be running around like a crazy person all the time. Problem is, we live in a time where everything is so fast-paced, if you're not running around like a crazy person, people think YOU'RE the one that's crazy. Whatever. I'm not going to speed up just because of other people's disapproval. But sometimes I do wish I could do it all with energy and time left to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment