Monday, July 18, 2011

Everyone's A Critic

Mike and I went to see the last Harry Potter movie yesterday and I enjoyed it quite a bit even though it was nearly 2 1/2 hours long. (What is it with movies getting longer and long?) What I do not enjoy is hearing everyone's overly critical opinion of movies. The only critics who matter even a little to me are the ones who do it for a living. At least they have some idea what they are talking about. But even they can go too far at times. Mostly I like to know how many stars a movie got and if it is three or higher I will see it and judge for myself. Anything lower than three and I will only watch it if I am out of ideas of anything else to watch.

The reason people's opinions of movies bug me is because they always seem to get wayyyyyyyyyyyy too knit-picky. They go off on things I don't care about like how closely the movie followed the book, or how this character's role was different in the book, or how that actor was not right for the part, or how this scene was too long. REALLY? Don't people have anything better to do? I don't care how the book compares to the movie. The only thing I worry about is whether or not there is good acting and a good story. No movie is exactly like the book, ant even if it was people would still probably bitch. There are also the people who don't like the book, yet they still want to compare it to the movie. Here's an idea - DON'T SEE THE MOVIE IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE BOOK. Even if you like the movie, I don't want to hear your comparisons. They are pointless. If I want to know if a movie is good I will see it for myself and I promise too keep my mouth shut afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment