Friday, July 22, 2011

Crazy Boring

My blog hasn't been at the top of my priority list lately, mainly because I haven't had much that has inspired me to write. You could say I'm lazy or boring, and you might be right......but I really don't care. If I want to be lazy and boring I shouldn't have to justify it. Yet there is always a tiny part of me that feels just a little guilty for doing nothing. Call it social responsibility, proving my worth, or whatever. I don't think anyone wants to feel like they are not contributing to the world. However, the thing that most people don't realize is, a little bit of laziness doesn't take away from all the productive things you have done and will do. You don't have to be accomplishing something every second of your life to be important. In fact, I think relaxing is VITAL to a happy life. That is why I can say I don't care if others think I am lazy. I know what is important in life, and it's not pleasing everyone all the time or trying to do a million things a day. I just need to remind myself of that so I can squash that tiny guilt that pops up once in a while when I am doing nothing.

I also want to show off my new haircut in this post:



A lot of people, especially women, are shocked that I would cut off my long hair that I have been growing for about a year. Meh It's no biggie to me. In fact, it's kind of a relief to not have all that extra hair in the way. I think having long hair is more of a pain than anything. The only thing I miss about it is being able to braid it or put it in a ponytail. Hair always grows back, so I don't understand why so many people get attached to it. If anything, I love to try different things with my hair. I would get bored if it was always the same. I don't get freaked out by bad haircuts either. I might be a little upset if I had a truly horrific haircut, but I'm pretty mellow about a few little mistakes. IT'S HAIR. IT GROWS. IT CHANGES. IT'S NOT PERFECT.

It is because of my lack of fear of a bad haircut that I go to the beauty school to get my hair cut. The people there are still learning to cut hair, so mistakes may happen more often. But I think, if anything, they are usually too conservative when cutting my hair. They are afraid to make a mistake and I can understand why. So many people are uptight about their hair and would be enraged at a bad haircut. Not me. If you ask me, hair is made to be played with and mistakes are insignificant in the long run. So go crazy with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment