Monday, February 22, 2010

Spooooooky

I had a somewhat scary dream the other night from which I woke up and was afraid to move for a good five minutes. Afraid of what, I am not really sure, but it got me to thinking about ghosts and such. I am a person who believes in ghosts but doesn't want to. What I mean by that is I have never experienced anything I consider to be paranormal, but if I did I would not sleep for DAYS. (This is coming from someone who loves her sleep.) I don't want that, and I'm sure my husband doesn't want that, so it would be better if I could just be in denial about the whole thing. Unfortunately, that is not possible because my parents innocently took me on a ghost tour of the Queen Mary when I was I child and I have never been the same since. That night I couldn't sleep much and spent that non-sleeping time praying for the ghosts to not follow me home. I didn't even want the souvenir I bought after the tour because I thought it might be possessed or something. It is now hilarious to think of a possessed GIANT PENCIL, but it was no laughing matter back then. Even though I now know that the whole tour was nothing but "smoke and mirrors" so to speak, it opened me up to a whole new concept of what ghosts are capable of. I usually have no problem with scary movies because it is not happening to me, not because it is not real. It's like if you see a airplane crash in a movie. You aren't scared because you are not in the plane, not because you wouldn't be scared if you were on the plane. I feel the same way about paranormal activity. If it happened to me I'm pretty sure I would be SCARED OUT OF MY MIND. That's why I have a policy of- don't mess with ghosts and hopefully they won't mess with you. I don't play with Ouija boards, I don't stare into mirrors in the dark, and I sure as heck don't ask them to make their presence known. This way I can stay blissfully ignorant. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that I don't ever move into a haunted house.

No comments:

Post a Comment