Friday, February 12, 2010

First EVER Blog

Well I guess this is not my first EVER blog if you count various posts on MySpace, mostly about books. But this is my first time attempting to share my thoughts and feelings about life in general in a public form. Be kind.... I basically have no idea what I am doing or what I am in for, but boredom is a compelling force. I believe it is a partner with necessity as "the mother of invention." As of this time, hours at work are few and far between. So to fill in the time I wander haphazardly through the house for most of the day and now....I BLOG! There is also the occasional, ongoing, battle of Plants Vs. Zombies, but who knows when THAT war will end. I know any readers (doubtful, I know) are wondering, "Robin, what are you going to write about if your days are filled with wandering the house and having imaginary conversations with your dog?" There is a very good answer to that, "I don't know." I was inspired by a mommy-blogger in my area named Heather Armstrong. I read her posts religiously (and not just because my husband made her blog our homepage). I first found out about her from stumbling across her book, It Sucked and Then I Cried, at the library. I loved the book, and after reading her blog I began to think," I can do that." Well here I am....doing it. Even if it is clumsy, and amateur, and overall nothing like Heather's blog, I am still giving it a try.

I suppose I should start this blog off right by introducing myself and my family. I am a 28-year-old woman who has lived in Utah most of my life. Although, if anyone asks about any "culture" I may have I refer to my international travels as a a preschooler and kindergartner. Amazing....I know. Currently, I live with my husband of 1 1/2 long years and my dog of as long as I have known my husband, Bear. Bear is the dog, not the husband. My husband's name is Mike or Michael. But if you call him Micheal I may get him confused with my brother who is also Michael or Mike or Mikey Boy or Fuzz. (I recommend you call him the last one.) I am in the process of organizing the "Mikes" of my life. Anyway, my husband and I spend the vast majority of our time being complete goofballs and enjoying life to the best of our ability. We both believe Bear to be a person in dog form because of her ability to say so much just with a look. She is severely addicted to television and moans in agony in response to my flute playing which I practice as little as possible for her sake. She is also the best and cutest dog in the world in my completely unbiased opinion. We don't have any children together, but my husband has a son who is about to turn 18 and conquer the world. Daylen is a great kid and although I cannot claim to have given birth to him at age 10, I would be happy to be called his mother any day.

That about wraps up my first blog since I am so unaccustomed to this thing called "work", all this typing is really wearing me out. I hope you will excuse grammatical and spelling errors and anything in general that you don't like about it. I have not yet hired an editor or a publicist to ensure I appeal to the general public.

No comments:

Post a Comment