Saturday, September 5, 2015

Park City Revival

Can I just tell you how excited I am about the coming Autumn? I am really looking forward to the cooler weather and Halloween and all things Fall. Work has been pretty crazy this year with back-to-school season, but now I get a little rest before the onslaught of what is called "holiday season" but is more like "greed and stress season" every year.

Mike just started a new job last month which affords us a little extra money to work with. I am cautiously enjoying it only because it seems to be a theme in my life that when a good thing happens, something way worse always seems to happen right afterwards to destroy any joy I have felt. But I'm trying to not look at life in that light because if you do it too much it casts a shadow over every happy situation.

One fun thing that Mike and I got to do last month was take a day trip up to Park City. It was beautiful weather and we walked around looking at shops and eating at restaurants. Here is the view from the pizza place we ate at for lunch.


The service wasn't the greatest, but who can complain with a view like that?

Later on, we went to The Canyons ski resort to ride the gondola and possibly rent a paddle boat at the top. The gondola and ski lift rides where beautiful and refreshing with the crisp breeze in our faces.


Once we got to the lake at the top we decided not to rent the paddle boat because the "lake" was more like a small pond with limited paddling room. But the gorgeous views where worth the trip up.


After visiting The Canyons, we went back into Park City and ate a delicious dinner at a small Irish pub. All in all, it was a day to remember and a day that reminds me how lucky I am to have an amazing husband and a very blessed life. It's memories of days like this that carry me through the hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment