Saturday, September 26, 2015

Comic Con 2015

Yesterday Mike and I went to Salt Lake City Comic Con, and it was quite the experience. I never thought of myself as someone who would like conventions about sci fi, fantasy, gaming, comics, cosplay, and movies, but I have really learned to like it a lot. Mike was always the one who was interested in that stuff and he had to drag me along. However, these days I go willingly and I actually enjoy it a lot.

I may never be as into the whole comic con culture as Mike is, but there are many things I do like about it. I like the comradery and acceptance between people of all different interests and walks of life. I like the child-like joy people get from loosing themselves in a fantasy world for a little while. I like the creativity and expression through amazing works of art. Last of all I like that there is never a dull moment or nothing to see. It blows my mind at the care and attention people put into costumes, and I love seeing so much variety and creativity in one place. I could probably just people watch all day at comic con.

Of course I wanted to look the part this year, so I bought myself a Star Wars shirt. Even though I am not as into Star Wars as some people, it does bring back fond memories of childhood.


There were plenty of Star Wars-related things to see at the con as well. These light sabers where a big hit, if not a bit pricey.


And this thing was made totally out of balloons. I was amazed at the time and patience it must have taken.


This is what part of the con looked like from up above. Some places where so packed we could barley move. Not for the faint of heart, but definitely worth the experience.


Here is Mike and I at the Sean Astin panel. I like to think I don't get too flustered by celebrities, and generally I don't. But if I actually met one in person, I think all bets would be off.


We also went to a panel about the TV show Face Off and one about the new Star Trek show that is coming out. We ate some bad food, bought a few souvenirs, hung out with friends, and just did a lot of LOOKING. At the end we were tired but very satisfied. I have to say I am looking forward to doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment