Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bake More

For some reason this time of year always makes me want to bake. Or should I say 'bake more'? Because I always like baking, even if it means sweating like crazy while the oven runs in the heat of a summer day. But there is just something about autumn that kick-starts my desire to bake. Maybe it's the cooler weather or nostalgia (I can't believe I spelled that word right on the first try!) for the holiday season. I constantly fall victim to comfort food whose ingredients are more readily available this time of year. Who wouldn't want to curl up on a cold evening with a warm slice of apple pie, or a big bowl of bread pudding, or a slice of pumpkin bread with butter?

The fact that pumpkins are in all the stores this time of year also urges me to bake. Why? Because I love pumpkin! You put pumpkin in something and I will probably like it. I'm sure I have more pumpkin recipes than anything else. Of course they are mostly desert recipes, but that's only because I have a vicious sweet tooth. Here is a picture of my latest creations -


That's a pumpkin cupcake with orange cream cheese frosting and a homemade caramel. I'm not one of those bloggers who post recipes and cooking tips, but I will say these are two of my favorite recipes. If you want to make them you know how ask for the recipe. Or, better yet, I like baking so much I would probably make them for you if you bought the ingredients. (I may love to bake, but I am not made of money.) If you like you could also throw in a nice 12-count muffin pan, since all I have is a little 6-count one. Just kidding! I will always bake whether or not I have fancy pans and tools. Have you seen my tiny, loathsome kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment