Friday, October 28, 2011

The Big 3-0

I know I have been slacking a bit on the whole blogging thing, but give me a break, it was my 30th birthday! I know so many people will say 30 is not old, and I don't feel older than I did at 29. But if you ask a 20-year-old, 30 is practically elderly. So there seems to be some sort of stigma with turning 30, and even though you don't feel OLD, it totally messes with your mind. You start to think, "Should I be different now that I'm 30? Should I start to 'act my age'?" I don't think so. I want to tell 30 to mind it's own business because I'm going to live my life how I want to. Besides, I just bought skinny jeans for the first time this week, and I don't want to go my whole life without trying them just because I didn't get to them before I was 30. (By the way, they totally rock!)

For my birthday, Mike and I went to Wendover because that is the only place near where we live where you can gamble. However, we forgot one little thing when we decided to go there - We don't like to gamble. Oopsie! Well we went anyway, but we probably should have waited to do that for my 90th birthday, because everyone there was decidedly older than 30. (Either that or they let the whole 30 thing mess with them to the point where they looked 70.) Being there was like being in a retirement home on the moon, because we quickly found out Wendover is a barren wasteland with nothing to do but gamble. Still, we made the best of it by going to the spa, eating out, and soaking in our psychedelic, 70s-style jacuzzi tub that was located right next to the king-size bed in our suit. The hotel had just been remodeled, but it still looked like a blast from the past to me. (See, I'm not old! I wasn't even born in the 70s!) So, all-in-all, my birthday was pretty good, and it got even better once we left Wendover and did what I really love to do - SHOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment