Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Stuck On Repeat

It has been two years since I started this blog, and I am finding that it is getting harder and harder to remember what I have already written about in the past. There are just too many posts now to make it possible to go through every one of them looking for a specific statement or topic. Before you say it, yes, I know there are ways of archiving blogs and posts to make it easier to look up things. But I am not computer- or blog-savvy enough to know how to use those techniques, nor am a very interested in taking the time to learn about them. So if you read my blog, don't be surprised if I repeat myself or even contradict myself from time to time. That's just me being too lazy to archive properly.

You would think it would bug me more that I don't always remember what I have written. I get really annoyed with myself when I repeat myself, contradict myself, or even when I use the same word or phrase too often. I don't like being repetitive, and I don't like when other people are repetitive. To me, being repetitive means lack of personality and lack of imagination. On the other hand, I suppose always saying the same thing could be considered part of someone's personality. Also, at this point in my life, I have probably repeated so many things that it doesn't really matter anymore. I just chalk it up to human error or habit. I know I use certain words a lot in my writing like "but", "just", "also", "really", "probably", "so". That will probably never change. So either accept it, or stop reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment