Sunday, January 29, 2012

Don't Try This At Home

Look how crafty I am!




I saw this Valentine's garland being made on TV and I thought, "I can do that!" I like Valentine's Day alright, but I don't have a lot of decorations for it because that would just mean more stuff to store and drag out every year. However, I was feeling crafty on the particular day I saw the garland on TV. I thought I would have it made in no time. That's the thing with crafts. They always look easier to do than they really are. The Valentine's garland wasn't so much hard to make, as it was time-consuming. I probably spent about two hours constructing that damn thing. Measuring, cutting, gluing, holding pieces together while the glue dried. It was horrible! Near the end of it it almost felt more like torture than crafting. That's about the time I remembered why I don't craft often. It always looks like fun, but in the end you feel exhausted, and all you have to show for it are some bits of paper and string glued together. Next time I get the urge to craft, maybe I can look at my little garland and remember how grueling it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment