Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Break From Reality

I'm sure anyone who reads this blog has noticed I have once again been lacking in the picture department. I haven't been in much of a picture-taking mood lately, and, to tell the truth, it has been kind of nice not worrying about it. But I start to get bored with no pictures, so here are a few of my family on Christmas morning. I know that according to the date on the pictures, they where taken in August, but that just comes from me forgetting to set the date on my digital camera.






I love this day, but not for the same reasons I did when I was a kid. When I was a kid I could hardly sleep the night before because I was so excited for the presents the next day. Today the presents are still a part of the excitement for me, but only a small part. Most of my enjoyment now comes from watching my nieces and nephews get excited. It also comes from spending time with family without worrying about work, chores, or shopping. Christmas is like a one-day break from reality, and even though I know it can't last forever, a part of me wishes it could.

Even if Christmas can't last all year, I think I will try to make every day a little more like Christmas. That means doing little things like spending more time with those I love, worrying less, giving to those in need, celebrating good times, and feeling joyful and thankful. I have always heard people talk about keeping Christmas in your heart all year round, but I never thought much about putting it into practice. This coming year I will try my best to do it because even if I can't always have a break from reality, I can at least be a little happier and try to make others happier too.

No comments:

Post a Comment