Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Straight And To The Point

It seems like most bloggers start to slack a little during the holiday season and I guess I am no exception. But it's not because I have been unusually busy or anything. All my presents are bought and Christmas cards are sent. I guess I will call it writers block because I want to blog, but every time I try to think of something interesting to write, every idea seems really lame. If there's one thing I hate, it's writing just to write or talking just to talk. You know what I mean. Those people who can go on for hours and hours and not say anything of importance.

When I was in school I always hated when the teacher told us to write however many pages about some topic. I always had a hard time filling the pages even when using the typical tricks like writing really big and double-spacing. I would get to the point in the first couple of sentences and then I would run out of things to say. Now I'm a little better at elaborating, but I'm still not a super detailed writer. I'm like that in the rest of my life too. I don't like over-the-top decorations, or houses filled in every corner. I don't like too many details or things start to look cluttered and become overwhelming. Life is confusing enough without complicating it with extra deals. I always like when people keep things simple and get to the point.

Details spice up life, but too many tend to get in the way. So if you are one of those people who can talk forever about nothing, consider the idea that doing so only makes you look unintelligent. Get to the point and shut your mouth.



No comments:

Post a Comment