Saturday, April 14, 2012

Living Today

I recently read a quote from Albert Einstein that said, "I never worry about the future, it comes soon enough." It struck me how good it would be to put this into practice. Too often people plan and worry so much about the future that it comes at the expense of living the present moment. What is the future other than more of what we are living right now? Things change in the future, but none of those changes are for certain. If we are constantly thinking about the future, that is what we will continue to do in the future, and nothing will ever be good enough to enjoy because we will always be anticipating the 'next big thing'. I think it is important to plan some for the future, but more important to live your life right now.

I also recently saw this German music video, and if you can get past the weirdness of it, you will find out that he is singing about starting fresh and new. Maybe it's just me, but I saw a link between the Einstein quote and this video. What it means to me is, live in the present and also don't be afraid to start over at any time. You only have one life, so why waste it being something you don't want to be? Why be afraid of starting over when the only moment you have for sure is now?

Gandhi once said, "Action expresses priorities." I know I have a lot of work to do when it comes to living each day to the fullest. I hope I can take action to express that living fully without fear of mistakes or the future is a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment