Friday, June 14, 2013

Worthless Rambling

I've been wanting to post for a while but it always seems like when I want to write the most is when I can't think of any topic I would want to write about. So I figure if I start typing, something good may come out. Otherwise, I apologize in advance for my worthless rambling.

Summer is here, and while I enjoy the summer time, it never holds quite the joy that it did when I was a kid. Kid summer time means no school, cool vacations, swimming, fireworks, and overall goofing off. Adult summer time means work as always, house chores, yard work, maybe a trip to the pool here or there, maybe a small vacation if you are lucky, a dog who is terrified of fireworks, and absolutely no goofing off. I really don't mind most of my responsibilities, but there is a small sadness in knowing you can never again forget them and be like you were when you were a kid.

Speaking of dogs who are afraid of fireworks, Bear has been doing well, but is all around nervous a lot of the time. I don't remember her being so uptight previously, but maybe it just comes from a combination of the sound of the wind (terrifying), the sound of the construction across the street (terrifying), Mike and I being away from home for a few hours (terrifying), and the fact that she was sick for about a week (overall crummy). Although I would contend that the sickness was just as crummy for me since I had to scrub diarrhea out of the carpet not once but twice, and our whole house smelled like we lived on the inside of a dirty diaper. Who knows, maybe it still smells like that and my sense of smell just gave up.

An employee at the pet store recommended we feed Bear chicken and rice to settle her stomach and while I know Bear didn't feel well, she certainly felt well enough to scarf that down within five seconds. Here is a picture of her eagerly awaiting the preparation of her food, which took about half an hour.


Who couldn't love a face like that? Anyway, we are very happy she is feeling better. Hopefully the rest of the summer will contain less diarrhea scrubbing and more of the fun kid stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment